Marvell Unveils Industry's 1st Automotive Gigabit Ethernet PHY with MACsec Security
Automotive networks rely heavily on partial networking in which some segments are hibernated and woken up on demand.
"With ever increasing data and intelligence in the connected cars, the need for comprehensive cyber security solutions is essential," said Dr. Lars Völker, technical fellow at Technica Engineering. "MACsec IEEE 802.1AE effectively implements a layer of security for increasing bandwidth needs, while keeping the system deterministic and the complexity at a minimum allowing OEMs to build fast starting systems without the dependencies of the communication stack.
"The rapid evolution of consumer devices is driving more and more features into today's cars, at an ever-increasing pace, resulting in a need for increased network bandwidth, lower latency and higher connectivity between vehicle ECUs. The current mix of vehicle networks simply cannot scale to these requirements and therefore we are seeing a megatrend towards homogenous Ethernet-based in-vehicle networks," said
As automotive networks are required to work in noisy environments, devices must be able to work together without interference. All components on the network should meet the electromagnetic interference/electromagnetic compatibility (EMI/
88Q222xM Key Features:
- 1000BASE-T1, IEEE 802.3bp-compliant; 100BASE-T1, IEEE 802.3bw-compliant: Pin compatible dual speed Ethernet PHY supports operation over unshielded twisted pair (UTP)
- Supports IEEE 802.1AE MACsec: MACsec provides layer 2 security and prevents security threats such as intrusion, man-in-the-middle, and replay attacks
Supports OPEN AllianceTC10 Sleep Mode: 88Q222xM supports TC10 fast wake-sleep mechanism to enable partial networking
- AEC Q100 Grade 1 Qualified: 88Q222xM is qualified to be used in harsh automotive environment with ambient temperature ranging from -40℃ to 125℃
- 802.1AS, 802.1AS-Rev PTP: 88Q222xM Supports precision timing protocol that enables extremely precise time synchronization of networks
- Package: 88Q222xM comes in a small 40pin QFN, 6.0x6.0 mm, 0.5 mm pitch package with wettable flanks
- Integrated Voltage Regulators: Supports single 3.3V supply mode and saves overall BOM cost
- ASPICE Level 2 software: Enables faster time-to-market with reuse of a flexible API and robust solution
For more information on 88Q222xM, please visit https://www.marvell.com/products/automotive/88q222xm.html.
To deliver the data infrastructure technology that connects the world, we're building solutions on the most powerful foundation: our partnerships with our customers. Trusted by the world's leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world's data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers' current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we're ultimately changing the way tomorrow's enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
For further information, contact:
Vice President, Corporate Marketing
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/marvell-unveils-industrys-1st-automotive-gigabit-ethernet-phy-with-macsec-security-301147467.html